SpikeGLX Download Page
Synchronized acquisition from Imec neural probes and NI-DAQ devices.
- Get compiled apps, support and help stuff on this page.
- The source code repo is here.
The current commercial version is PXI-based
Neuropixels 1.0, also called
(What to Buy)
Requirements differ according to platform:
Latest Application Downloads
- Release 20190413-phase3B2...Readme : Flexible bank selection, Imec v1.20
- Release 20190413-phase3B1...Readme : Flexible bank selection, Imec v5.1
- Release 20190413-phase3A...Readme : Flexible bank selection, Imec v4.3
Suggested organization: Create folder 'SpikeGLX' on your desktop or
C:\then download/unzip associated stuff into it:
SpikeGLX\ Release_v20190327-phase3B2.zip Release_v20190413-phase3B2.zip Release_v20190327-phase3B2\ Release_v20190413-phase3B2\ Drivers\ Enclustra_Windows_10\ Tools\ Etc\
PXI Enclustra Drivers
These required driver files are not included in your SpikeGLX release.
- Click the link below for your Windows OS version.
- Unzip the folder into your local folder of SpikeGLX-related stuff.
- Follow the installation ReadMe in the download.
Terminology: 'Enclustra' is a company that markets other vendor's FPGAs along with development and support tools. There are several FPGAs used in the Neuropixels hardware, including a Xilinx Zynq model, often referred to as 'the enclustra'.
CatGT is a command-line tool that does the following offline operations (all imec phases):
- Join trials with given run_name and g-index in t-index range [ta,tb]...
- ...Or run on any individual file.
- Optionally apply bandpass and global demux CAR filters.
- Optionally edit out saturation artifacts.
- Optionally extract tables of TTL event times.
- CatGT: Global Demuxed CAR
TPrime is a command line tool that maps event times (all imec phases):
- Map time from one SpikeGLX data stream to any other.
- Translate all events to a single common timeline.
- Uses sync edges to achieve 1 to 2 sample accuracy.
- Maps TTL events extracted using CatGT.
- Maps spike times from any sorter.
- Sync: Aligning with Edges.
Data Parsing Examples
MATLAB and Python tools for parsing meta and binary datafiles (supports 3A, 3B1, 3B2, 20).
Interesting Map Files
- Checkerboard Bank Selection 3B (interleaves banks zero and one)
- Long Column Bank Selection 3B (one column through banks zero and one)
Descriptions of metafile items for each phase:
- Neuropixels Support Page
- Sharpening Apparatus (MS.Word.docx)
- Installing NI Drivers
- SpikeGLX UserManual
- SpikeGLX FAQ
- Sync: Aligning with Edges
- CatGT: Global Demuxed CAR
Use is subject to Janelia Research Campus Software Copyright 1.2 license terms: http://license.janelia.org/license.
QLed components are subject to GNU Library GPL v2.0 terms, which are described here: https://github.com/billkarsh/SpikeGLX/blob/master/QLed-LGPLv2-LICENSE.txt.